All my stuff is gone. Well, not all my stuff. I have one shelf in my closet that contains toiletries and enough clothes for four days. The rest of my belongings are divided between Lisa's garage and Glen's car, which is on it's way to the Bay Area. It's weird to be packed up so early, but not leaving. It's weird that Glen left and I didn't go with him. It's weird that Kelly is packing all her stuff now because it means that she won't be my roommate soon. Really soon. And pretty soon, I'm not going to hear random people laughing and hanging out outside my window. Nor will I be able to stand at my window and yell across the path to someone in their window over at Aldrich, while also yelling to someone else through the window of the upper lounge in a strangely distanced three way yelling conversation for all to hear (I love when that happens). I'll be back on campus in a few weeks, but it'll be different. The campus is weird when it's empty. And I have this thing now where I feel really weird if I'm not in class or doing homework because that's what I'm here for. It's why I came. I was tired of living life with no goal, no end result to work toward. Now I am working toward my degree, and each semester I am working toward midterms, then finals. Last summer it was hard to not be in classes or doing homework. But I suppose this summer I may be too busy with work and married life to notice.
Married life. That's coming in nine days. NINE days! It doesn't feel real yet. I feel like I've been in engagement purgatory for months, and in this moment I feel like I'm in end of the year check-out purgatory. I'm packed. My stuff is gone, why am I not gone? Cause I have to finish my RA duties and go to the RA dinner on Saturday. Then come Sunday morning...nothing will keep me from hopping on that plane home. It is time. And frankly, it's a little ridiculous that I have to stay here until Sunday.
C'est la Vie.
Time to get off campus and out into this beautiful Portland evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment